General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director shall report to the President but be accountable to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall do and perform such duties and exercise such powers as the Board of Directors delegates to him/her, either through the Board of Directors or through the President. The Executive Director is also responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of the organization. They will maintain the headquarters office of the organization and act as the primary point of contact for all the organization activities and those interested in contacting the organization.
Specific duties and responsibilities delegated to the Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
- Chair of all Committees.
- Act as recording secretary at all Board of Directors meetings and annual meeting of the membership
- Maintain all financial bookkeeping and organizational records including membership records, dues payments, invoicing, and tax records.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget with the Treasurer.
- Disburse payments and maintain accounting of expenses of the organization.
- Report monthly to the Board of Directors on the financial status of the organization.
- Participate and coordinate with the Board of Directors the Annual Meeting of the membership.
- Supervise support personnel employed by, or volunteering for, the organization.
- Coordinate and participate in various networking programs as designated and in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Develop, Implement and maintain all formal communications of the organization including the website, social media, and local access television.
Education: College Degree required.
Experience: 5+ years professional experience in an administrative role.
Skills: Strong Communication Skills, especially public speaking.
Book-keeping/budget management (experience with QuickBooks a plus).
Experience with major social media tools (Facebook, Twitter).
Experience maintaining a website.
The position is 20 hours per week, which includes standard open office hours, participation in networking events, meeting with members, and soliciting for future membership.
Please email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Billerica Alliance 12 Andover Road Billerica Ma 01821.